Is a career in the insurance industry right for you?
If you like being independent, the answer is "yes." As an independent insurance agent, you have freedom of schedule, no caps on income, lots of opportunity, and the ability to control your destiny. In this video, Doug MacDonald, owner at Murray & MacDonald Insurance Services, Inc. talks about his start in the industry.
Follow Your Interests Into The Insurance Industry
If you think all insurance is the same, think again. There are a number of areas that you can specialize in that match your interests and have a huge opportunity for growth and revenue.
Values and Opportunity
At Murray & MacDonald, you'll have a number of opportunities to advance your career. This includes ownership, paid time off, and more. Watch the video below.
Entering the Insurance Industry
The insurance industry is almost like a best kept secret. In the next 10 years, there will likely be a 40-50% turnover in the management structure in the independent agency system across the country. This means that there is an tremendous potential for growth for individuals just starting in the industry now. Learn more by watching the video below.
Why choose a career at Murray & MacDonald?
|Disability + Life - we pay 100%|
|401k/Roth 401k - we provide a 4% match|
|Time with Kids - Maternity and Paternity|
|Paid Time Off (PTO) - starts at 25 days paid time off; increases up to 33 days|
|Holidays - 10 Paid Holidays|
- Ownership opportunity for the right candidates
- Flexible hours depending on job
- Healthy and clean environment
- Summer Grilling - management cooks for staff
- Company outings
Invest in yourself
We pay for you to educate yourself.
Industry- renown licenses and designations
- Licensed Property Casualty Life Health Producer training
- Certified Insurance Counselor designation
- Certified Risk Manager designation
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter
- Certified Marine Insurance Professional
- Certified Workers Comp Professional
- Certified Long Term Care
- Designations that fit your areas of expertise
- Marsh Berry: Insurance Management Consulting
Make A Difference in Washington DC
Join us every year when we head to Washington DC to join fellow brokers with the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America for our annual day on Capitol Hill, along with InsurPac, by far the largest property-casualty agent PAC.