Now Hiring: Personal Lines Account Manager
As an Account Manager, you will help individuals and families buy the right insurance and make changes as necessary (for example, when a customer has a baby or buys a new car or house, or wants to shop for a new insurance policy). You will build relationships in our local communities that make you accessible. You will help others preserve and protect what they earn, build, own and cherish. You will be supported by paid professional training, coaching, and continuing education programs. As your customer base grows, so does your earning potential through a combination of a guaranteed base income and uncapped new business and renewal commissions.
The most successful account managers will leverage their relationships with prospects, customers, and centers of influence, will lean on their networks, and give back to the community.
Murray & MacDonald Insurance is an independent, privately-held agency and brokerage that is making a difference in the lives of our employees, families, and neighbors in Southeastern Massachusetts
Mission: Help our clients reduce risk, protect their assets, and plan for the future.
Compensation and Benefits
Murray & MacDonald makes significant investments into our account managers. We provide:
- Competitive guaranteed base income: average first year compensation including commission is $45,000 - $65,000
- 5 Weeks Paid time off (starting the second year)
- 401K retirement plan and employer matched contribution
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity)
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Life insurance, and Health Savings Account cash contributions
- Paid insurance licensing, continuing education, and coaching
- Ownership opportunity for the right candidate
- Uncapped New and Renewal Commissions
Skills and Qualifications Required
- 3+ years in consumer service, hospitality or sales
- Desire to grow a book of business, service and retain long term customers
- A passion for local networking and giving back to the community
- Minimum education level: Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s preferred
What makes a successful Personal Lines Account Manager?
- Can efficiently transition between workflows and deal with interruptions
- Naturally organize and prioritize daily todo list
- Accountable, dependable, and you can accept and command responsibility
- Confident, customer service with a smile
- Honest, ethical, trustworthy - “Do The Right Thing - Always!”
- Networker, gets involved in the community, serving on boards and or committees
- Ownership Attitude
- Perseverance, persistent, determined to prevail
- Personable, polite, friendly, prospect/customer centric, team player – (drama is meant for the stage and not the work environment)
- Sales Aptitude – enjoys working in an incentivized environment
- Teachable/coachable spirit, desire to learn, excel and master subject matters
- Timely and responsive work habits (returned emails, phone calls, work assignments, etc.)
- Proficient with technology, ability to easily learn various software applications (and can type)
- Ability to self manage and work independently
How to Apply
Contact us to learn more about how to apply for this position.