Blog Post by Olivia Morrow, Business Development Coordinator
If you live on the New England Coast, chances are you’re preparing for boating season. It’s that glorious time that we impatiently wait for, 9 out of 12 months of the year. Fishing, BBQ’s, exploring, and water sports for you and the whole family to enjoy. What would happen if you had to abandon ship?
Accidents and collisions are always lurking beneath the surface. Common reasons for “on the water” tragedies include navigation negligence, operating under the influence, or poor weather conditions. What happens if the captain next to you creates too much wake? What if a group of college students are operating under the influence? How would you react at sea during a thunderstorm?
What could proper watercraft coverage look like for you?
- Limit the Damage: If you happen to collide with another vessel, replacement costs will be taken care of. This can include coverage for buoys, docks, and other fixed object property.
- Sea Tow: If you find yourself stranded and your engine won’t start, sea tow is available and ready to roll.
- Engine Replacement: If you happen to hit a fixed object, your engine will be replaced at the same value you bought it for with no depreciation; depending on your insurance company.
- Full Price Value: If the boat is capsized and irretrievable, it can be replaced for full time value.
- Medical Expenses: Passengers that experience concussions, scrapes, or broken bones will be tended to.
Medical bills, sinking ships, lost fishing polls, and seas tows, can lead to very costly expenses and ruin the remains of summer. With proper watercraft coverage, you can explore the ocean with ease, knowing you’ll stay afloat in the event of an accident. If you would like to receive a complimentary review and create a plan as unique as your boat name, please contact us to make an appointment with one of our certified risk advisors. Call 800-800-8990 or visit us at www.riskadvice.com